Tuesday 20 March 2012

Inside Such Moments

Meandering my way through my middle years and it's clear to me that that I'm doing ok. I'm a lucky man. Yet I hear of the sorrows that people, from the ones that I love and hold dear, to friends of friends, through to characters in random news stories, are experiencing. Being lucky doesn't make me immune to the feelings of others. I think of one family as I write this today and I hope that that family knows how much love there is for them and that they can find some sort of peace, in the unfair madness of it all.

Inside Such Moments:

When I hear of tragedy,
others' hardship and grief,
I tend to hope and pray
and send them my love.

To make glib comments,
second guessing their state of mind,
can often make one look foolish,
as we are all so different.

I can't change much,
lest turn back the passage of time,
or reverse what will haunt them
and the ones they hold close.

But I'll be here for them.
Not to talk or impart opinion.
Only to listen and let them be heard
because only they know how they feel,
inside such moments.

© Paul David Hogan 2012

2 comments:

  1. I love reading your blogs, keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It's nice to know someone is reading and enjoying.

    ReplyDelete