Sunday 11 March 2012

Confirmation

I've been going to Church recently. A means to an end and not some devout vocation, I certainly don't mind admitting that today. Should be a doodle. I'm raised Catholic and have been going to church on and off all my life. But yesterday, I wanted to do a Jesus and turn the temple upside down. My God would have been right behind me. I love my God. My God makes sense.

Confirmation:

The Church told me yesterday,
that only the love
between a man and women,
is a love they recognise in marriage.

The Church told me yesterday,
be accepting and tolerant of others,
as this is God's word
and God's word is love.

The Church didn't tell me yesterday,
why their leaders are wealthy and secretive,
or why their man made teachings,
keep Africa poor and ill.

The church didn't tell me yesterday,
why they hide paedophiles in their ranks,
or why they find it so hard,
to apologise for their wrongs.

The Church confirmed to me yesterday,
that they think nothing of contradiction
because they can pass everything off,
as the word of the Lord.

The Church confirmed to me yesterday,
that I was right to shed the Catholic guilt.
I was right to look inside myself.
I was lucky to find my own truth.

© Paul David Hogan 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment